As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility, Blue Manila regularly conducts the following programs:
- Livelihood Programs for seafarers’ dependents;
- Outreach Programs for the sick, elderly and orphaned children sheltered in Boystown and the Philippine General Hospital Charity Wards;
- Family Programs such as Fun Run, 29th and 30th Anniversary Training Raffle, In-House Training Seminars for our crew;
- Training Programs for our employees;
Blue Manila has launched its first Livelihood seminar in April 26, 2008 and every 3rd quarter of every year thereafter. This is for the benefit of our crews' dependents which is dedicated to help empower their lives by:
- Imparting new knowledge
- Enhancing their entrepreneurial skills
- Educate dependents on ways & means to augment family Income.
- Foster camaraderie among seafarer's dependents and open avenues for support groups.
Among the seminars conducted were: Candle, Jewelry, Soap, Balloon Making & decorations, Perfumery, Basic Massage Therapy, Baking, Ham, Meat Processing, Chocolate Making and including lectures on Emergency & Securing the Home as well as Marriage & Family.
We are happy to note that the some of the dependents ventured into small/home based business using knowledge and skills learned from the livelihood seminars.
In close cooperation with our principals, we do our utmost within our means to participate in Calamity Response efforts to help affected countrymen through donations in cash or in kind- such as the Earthquake and the Super Typhoon that hit the Visayas provinces of Bohol, Cebu and the Panay Islands in October and November 2013.